Adriana Almasan is a well-reputed specialist in competition law and contract negotiation. A full member of the Bucharest Bar since 1998 as C.I. Adriana Almasan (individual practice) she has assisted clients in antitrust cases at both national and European levels, with State Aid matters in the energy, pharma and telecom sectors being some key expertise levels. She has also assisted and represented clients in front of national courts and arbitral courts in cases including business law, and real estate issues. She acted as Senior European Union Expert on competition law (PHARE Program for the National Institute of Magistrates) and she is the author of numerous publications on negotiation, civil law and competition law.
Adriana is an Associate Professor of civil obligations and tort, property law, secured transactions, competition law and contract negotiations at the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest and she is a former vice-dean of the same faculty. She is the co-founder and co-director of the “Centre for Competition Law Studies”, within the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, and editor of the Private law section of the “Judicial Courier” published by C. H. Beck Publishing House. In addition, she is a national rapporteur for Oxford Competition Law, as well as a member of the scientific board of the Romanian Competition Review issued by the Competition Council.
RECENT RELEVANT PROJECTS
- Obtaining in court the payment suspension of a 2.5 million Euro fine for a client acting in the in public procurement procedures, by challenging enforceability of the Decision issued by Romanian Competition Council.
- Representing a Romanian company from the in the energy sector and investigated by the European Commission for allegedly benefiting of State aid.
- Assisting during the investigation of the Romanian Competition Council concerning the recycling sector.
- 2013 – Post-Doctorate of Laws, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, (Postdoctoral research – “The contract negotiation and conclusion”)
- February 2005 – Doctor of Laws (LL.D.), Magna cum laude, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (Thesis – “Joint and Several Obligations in Civil and Commercial Law”; coordinating Professor Corneliu Bîrsan Ph.D.)
- May 1995 – Graduate American Property Law courses organized by New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, USA for University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law1996 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (June 1996 – Bachelor of Laws).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- +4 021 303 05 40